History

Cleveland Thermal was founded in 1894, and, at the time, provided district steam heat to Downtown Cleveland’s buildings from its Canal Road plant. Today, the company owns, maintains and operates the district heating and cooling system for Downtown Cleveland, having added a district chilled water system at its Hamilton Road plant in 1993.

Throughout its history, Cleveland Thermal has been committed to providing its customers with a reliable and efficient energy source that enables buildings to operate at optimal performance levels. This translates into energy savings and sustainable solutions for Cleveland Thermal’s customers. In fact, thermal energy from Cleveland Thermal accounts for 30 percent of the heating and cooling energy used in Downtown Cleveland’s business district today.

Cleveland Thermal has a long tradition of providing sustainable commercial heating and cooling solutions to Downtown Cleveland’s business district 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

rule About: History | People | Affiliations | Facilities | Q&A | Contact